The St. James is seeking an Athletic Director at its Springfield, VA location.
The St. James is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination in the country, with 450,000 sq. ft. of developmental and competitive programs, teams and opportunities in more than 30 sports, and a wide range of premium fitness, wellness and entertainment experiences. The St. James seeks an Athletic Director who will provide executive leadership for The St. James athletics program. The Athletic Director should possess strong management and finance skills, develop and maintain strong relationships with coaches, athletes, families and other stakeholders, and understand how to leverage the unique platform provided by the Complex to create diverse and sustained growth for the business.
The Athletic Director will work directly with The St. James’s General Manager and Director of Content and Programming to develop a differentiated and financially successful sports program. The Athletic Director will work with all coaches and athletics staff to deliver an athletics experience that is consistent with the mission and values of The St. James. Potential candidates must possess great interpersonal skills and be passionate about helping people maximize their potential.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Use the email subject: The St. James - Athletic Director Position
Responsible for the management, coordination, and supervision of an athletics program with 30+ programs for athletes of all ages and abilities
Work with senior leadership and individual coaches to develop business plans for individual sports programs, and drive the business performance of the overall athletics program
Recruit and retain coaches who are committed to delivering a world-class developmental and customer service experience to athletes and families
Build and manage the overall schedule for all athletic venues in a way that maximizes utilization and revenue
Develop and sustain positive relationships with athletes, families and guests of The St. James
Serve as a brand ambassador for The St. James in the community and maximize the exposure and growth of the sports programs at The St. James
Help develop and implement all safety policies of The St. James and contribute to a work environment that is clean, safe and filled with positive energy for all athletes, coaches and families
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
Three or more years of successful athletic administrative experience as an Assistant/Associate Athletic Director or Director in an intercollegiate athletic program, large secondary school or similar setting
Background in large facility multi-sport programming
Experience interfacing with local/regional/national sports associations
Ability to plan, organize, lead, and troubleshoot daily operations, services, and safety of all sports programs
Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
Background check and drug screen required
Additional Salary Information: Bonus Potential
Internal Number: AD/STJ/FT
About The St. James
Welcome to The St. James. Welcome to your best.
At The St. James, we are building the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment brand in the United States.
Opening Fall 2018, our 450,000 sq. ft. flagship destination will have best-in-class facilities, programming, instruction, training, entertainment, wellness and lifestyle opportunities all under one roof.
• 24/7 Health Club with group fitness, high-performance personal training and an array of cardio and strength training equipment
• Private coaching, personal training, developmental programs, camps, clinics and academies in 30+ sports
• State-of-the-art sports venues, including a field house with FIFA-sized turf field, aquatics center with Olympic Pool, two NHL-sized ice rinks, basketball and volleyball courts, golf and squash center, baseball and softball center and a gymnastics training center
• Active Entertainment Center with climbing, jumping, VR games and eSports experiences, birthday party and private event spaces
• Indoor interactive water park for fun for all ages
• Spa & Rejuvenation Center offering a wide range of massage, skin and grooming treatments
• Restaurant with a menu for e...very group and occasion, from breakfast on-the-go to dining experiences for families and large groups
• Retail boutique featuring lifestyle apparel, performance gear and more
• Comprehensive healthcare center offering non-emergency health, wellness and sports medicine services
Become a part of the next big thing in sports, wellness and active entertainment.
We provide opportunities to advance your career and a wide range of leadership development programs and experiences to help you be the best leader you can be.
We offer all our team members unlimited access to all of the best-in-class facilities, programming, services and conveniences that you can find at The St. James.
We’re always looking to grow our team at The St. James. If you think you can rise to the challenge, we want to meet you.