MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; at least one year of experience coaching volleyball and at least one year of experience coaching softball required. In addition:
- Demonstrated record of commitment to academics and fiscal integrity with working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and Title IX compliance.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet the extended hours and travel requirements of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- NCAA Recruiting Certification Test must be passed within 60 days of hire.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in relevant area strongly preferred. First Aid and CPR certifications desired. College coaching experience preferred.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
THE COLLEGE: The mission of Bluefield State College is to provide students an affordable, accessible opportunity for public higher education. A historically black institution, Bluefield State College prepares students for diverse professions, graduate study, informed citizenship, community involvement, and public service in an ever-changing global society. More information about the College is available at www.bluefieldstate.edu.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Complete applications to be submitted in electronic format only to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- Letter of interest specific to the position;
- A completed BSC Employment Application (form available at http://bluefieldstate.edu/jobs );
- Contact information for at least three professional references; and
- Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process; official transcripts will be required of the selected candidate).
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applications must be received by 4:00 pm EST, Friday, February 10, 2017.
DATE POSTED: December 21, 2016
CLOSING DATE: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, applications must be received by 4:00 pm EST, Friday, February 10, 2017. Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however, applications received after the deadline may not receive full consideration.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not provide employment sponsorship.