Job Title: Baruch College – Finance Manager - Athletics
Job ID: 16179
Baruch College seeks a Finance Manager for the Athletics department. Reporting to the Athletics Director, the Manager will:
- Serve as primary financial administrator for the department of athletics and recreation.
- Lead all Intercollegiate Athletics daily fiscal functions with direct oversight of all accounting, fiscal and NCAA reporting, auditing, control procedures and policies.
- Manage all day-to-day business operations including but not limited to, expense reports, procurement cards, purchase orders, requisitions for payment, payroll and payment vouchers.
- Prepare the annual budget report, EADA/Title IX assessment in conjunction with the business office and proposed budget to be submitted to higher administrative officials for approval.
- Oversee department’s procurement, bidding and check request processes.
- With the approval of the Athletics Director, monitor, forecast and remodel program and department budgets.
- Strategize effective ways to generate innovative revenue and an annual surplus.
- Act as a liaison between the Athletic Department and various college offices including the Dean of Students, Financial Aid, Finance and Administration, and Bursar.
- Oversee department payroll processes.
- Adhere to, communicate and enforce Human Resources policies as per CUNY, HR and the College.
- Serve on various department-wide committees including Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT).
- Provide supervision and guidance to full-time and part-time staff within the Athletics Business Office and main general office.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
- Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or related field with preference given to intercollegiate athletics experience preferred
- Experience supervising personnel
- Demonstrated computer application skills (including but not limited to Excel, Access, or specialized accounting software)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional, CUNY Conference and NCAA rules and regulations
How to Apply: Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #16179. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter
Closing Date: January 27, 2017
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.