Ball State University is seeking qualified candidates for Marketing and Promotions graduate assistant beginning with the 2017 fall semester. Applicants are eligible for renewal at the end of each semester upon successful performance evaluation. Admission to a Ball State University graduate program is required. The weekly commitment includes office hours as needed and staffing at numerous sporting events, most of which take place on weekends, in the evenings, or on holidays.
The athletic department recognizes that the athletic marketing graduate assistant plays a key role in the success of the Ball State game day experience for our fans. Therefore it is critical that prospective candidates carefully consider the time commitment necessary to successfully participate in this program. This position reports to the Assistant Athletic Director, Marketing & Fan Engagement.
BASIC FUNCTION: Primary responsibilities of this position include executing in-game promotions for football, men's and women's basketball, women’s volleyball, baseball and softball. Position may include the role of mascot coordinator. Ability to aid in the supervision of approximately 6-10 sports marketing student staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with game day and event management of selected sports
- Creation and implementation of select marketing and promotional plans
- Develop, execute and organize in-game promotions
- Produce game script and public address announcements
- Distribute promotional materials to Ball State campus and Muncie community
- Assist with special events including, but not limited to, the Indiana State Fair, Fan Jams, Orientation, Admissions Preview Days, Welcome Week, etc.
- Collaborate with Spirit Squads and Ball State Pep Band at home athletic contests
- Assist with student section: The Nest
- Manage all mascot duties (uniform orders and cleaning, appearance requests and scheduling, tryouts etc.)
- Help manage and supervise sports marketing student staff
- Assist in the social media efforts of the department
- Graphic design experience using Adobe Creative Suite is not required, but preferred
- Other duties as assigned by the External Affairs team
- Employment period: July 1 – May graduation, 2019 (start date negotiable)
- Time commitment: Non-session: approximately 35 hours per week plus events. In-session: 20 hours per week
- Payment: Non-session: $7.25/hour / In-session: $7,425/year + tuition
To apply, send letter of application, resume, copies of transcript(s), and the names and contact information for three references to: Assistant AD for Marketing, Shawn Sullivan, Intercollegiate Athletics, Ball State University, HP 374F, Muncie, Indiana 47306.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 190 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation.
Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all. The university offers an excellent benefits package, including health care and retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.