The Associate Director of Donor Engagement, Communications and Events is responsible for the design, implementation and coordination of an innovative, creative and comprehensive donor engagement and stewardship program that strategically promotes interaction with and recognition of athletic donors at all levels.
This position will partner with other members of the Athletic Development team to determine the best strategies for effective communication with donors; maintain ongoing and active networking with internal and external constituencies; and assist with the facilitation of recognition events.
In addition, the Associate Director will be responsible for overseeing and leading athletic fundraising events by conceptualizing and delivering on strategic event outcomes that will increase donor giving and retention through their experiences.
This person will work closely with other members of the Athletic Development team, University Development team and teams across the Athletic Department.
Donor Engagement and Communication
- Manage donor recognition and stewardship reporting across multiple channels.
- Manage the Endowed Scholarship process to ensure proper compliance and appropriate stewardship of donors.
- Monitor cultivation of past and current major donors to enhance their relationship with the Athletic Department and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Manage facility recognition inventory and subsequent signage creation.
- Devise and use consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects and donors.
- Adhere to and facilitate the gift acknowledgment to thank 100% of athletic donors in a meaningful way.
- Create unique stewardship initiatives for donors to Michigan Athletics that result in increased engagement.
- Pro-actively supports the stewardship responsibilities of the development staff by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized stewardship plans for the department’s top donors.
- Facilitates on and off-campus publicity of major gifts and donors with Athletic Department Communications, University Development and University Communications. Advises on and facilitates the recognition of donors in both print and web-based publications.
- Adhere to policies and procedures across the department that is essential for a comprehensive donor relations program.
Event Leadership and Management
- Create and lead exciting and innovative event experiences for all donors and prospective donors of the Athletic Department.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Development, clearly articulate desired and measureable outcomes for development events.
- Oversee distribution of all event briefing materials to athletic department leadership, coaches and other university administration.
- Identify strategic opportunities for segmentation of Major Gift Donors within the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship phases.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Development, determine appropriate event opportunities within the 29 sport calendars with special attention to regional fundraising initiative’s.
- Plan, manage, and execute logistics for signature Athletic Development and various department wide events.
- Oversee facility selection, contract negotiations, food and beverage selections, audio/visual service, transportation, décor, and entertainment
- Manage all fundraising campaign signature events.
- Oversee the Athletic Director’s Suite guest list, operations and follow-up.
- Provide direction to internal University service departments and external vendors.
- Supervise on-site staff and vendors during events.
- Responsible for the design, production, and distribution of invitations, printed programs, and other promotional materials.
- Supervise guest list management, and other logistical responsibilities related to the events.
- Responsible for the Donor Engagement and Events budget projections/estimates and reconcile final vendor payments.
Performing other duties as assigned including travel as necessary to complete assignments.