View Posting Summary - Alumni/Development Manager II - 011170
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Advancement the Director of Development for USC Upstate Athletics is responsible for major gifts, planned gifts and annual fund support designated for the benefit of the Upstate Athletics facilities, programs and student-athletes. Plans, directs and administers a comprehensive annual and major giving program for the Department of Athletics. The Director of Development will support the fundraising priorities jointly agreed upon by the Vice Chancellor for Advancement and the Director of Athletics.
- To work closely with the Vice Chancellor of Advancement and the Director of Athletics to raise between $500,000 and $750,000 in private support for USC Athletics on an annual basis.
- To identify, cultivate, solicit and close prospective donors to USC Upstate Athletics who are capable of documenting commitments of $25,000 or more.
- To meet with 10 prospective and existing donors per month, 120 visits per fiscal year, to engage and inform prospective donors of the opportunities to support USC Upstate Athletics.
- To maintain a prospect portfolio between 75 and 125 individuals who have the interest or the means to support USC Upstate athletics
- To present 20 fundraising proposals per fiscal year, with at least 10 of the proposals at the pledge level of $25,000 over 5 years.
- To comply with all fundraising policies and guidelines of the USC Columbia Division of University Development including following the state-wide prospect management system, to enter all contact reports in the Millennium data base, to have all gift agreements of $25,000 or more reviewed by the Division, to have all proposals entered into the system and to have all naming opportunities submitted to the Gift Naming Opportunity Committee for their review.
- To coordinate outreach with the USC Upstate Office of Advancement and University Communications particularly as it relates to engaging Upstate alumni and friends who support the University.
- To represent USC Upstate Athletics at home and away sporting events, particularly when there is an opportunity to cultivate prospective donors or steward existing donors of $25,000 or more.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor of Advancement or the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience in an area such as alumni development, fundraising, prospect research, or business development. Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed. Valid driver's license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Preference for candidates with prior fundraising experience in intercollegiate athletics or higher education development. Candidates who have a successful track record in nonprofit development outside of higher education will be considered. Candidates who have been successful in business development and sales will be considered as well.
The University of South Carolina is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Band 7.
The University of South Carolina Upstate is a comprehensive public university and a senior institution of the
University of South Carolina and is among the fastest growing universities in the State. USC Upstate is
located between Charlotte and Atlanta along the I-85 corridor, one of the fastest growing business and hightech regions in the country. The campus is within easy driving distance of th...e Appalachian mountains and the
Atlantic Ocean beaches. The University has an enrollment of approximately 6000 students and employs
approximately 650 full and part-time faculty and staff, reflecting the diversity of Upstate South Carolina.
Students from over twenty five nations also reflect the university's international character.