Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student-Athlete Welfare
Department: Athletics & Physical Education Department
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Position Type: Administrator
Posting Date: 06-01-2017
Posting Removal Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Number: 1001164
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar College athletics programs are conducted in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar College, the NCAA and the Liberty League. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke free campus.
Position Summary and ResponsibilitiesVassar College, a Division III institution in the Liberty League, seeks applicants for the position of Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student-Athlete Welfare. This is a 12-month, full-time, benefits eligible position.
The Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student-Athlete Welfare is a senior-level administrative position within the Department of Athletics and Physical Education reporting to the Director and having oversight of administrative and coaching personnel. Vassar currently sponsors 23 intercollegiate sports and 4 varsity club sports for approximately 550 student-athletes. The position will have primary oversight for NCAA rules compliance, student-athlete welfare, and diversity and inclusion initiatives within the Department of Athletics and Physical Education; the position will also include sport and/or support services supervision as determined by the experience of the selected candidate. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of NCAA, Liberty League, and other applicable governing body rules compliance
- Develop and implement a rules education program for student-athletes, coaches, and other staff
- Direct, organize, and supervise all student-athlete welfare activities including but not limited to: leadership development, career development, peak performance, and health/wellness education
- Develop and implement programming to promote recruitment, success and retention of underrepresented students and staff
- Oversee selected varsity sports and support services
- Coordinate the Faculty Athletic Support Team (FAST) program
- Assist with strategic planning and development of department policy
- Serve as liaison to Human Resources for recruiting and hiring personnel
- Coordinate pre-season and intersession housing and meals for student-athletes
- Serve as game and/or tournament administrator for selected varsity sports
- Represent the department on selected campus committees to include the orientation committee
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years relevant experience. A valid and unrestricted driver's license is also required. Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and 6 or more years of relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills as well as a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
Required Applicant Documents
Contact Information for 3 References
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three professional references. (Word or PDF documents required for all attachments). No applications by email will be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to those applications received by Friday, March 31st. For additional information, please visit Vassar College at www.vassar.edu.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
Anticipated Start Date:
Anticipated End Date (If Applicable):
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu.
Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency