The University of Houston in Houston, TX, has a full-time opportunity in the Athletic Department for a Development Coordinator to participate in the development and implementation of advancement programs (annual funds, alumni relations, special events, stewardship, public relations, etc.). In this position, you will plan and execute related activities and administrative functions; provide technical knowledge and experience in basic fund-raising principles and advancement activities. Develop a basic knowledge of fund-raising principles and advancement activities.
- Assists development staff, managers and administrators in implementing annual funds and grassroots programs for alumni and other donor constituent groups.
- Participates in assigned fundraising activities such as direct mail, alumni relations, membership drives, reunions, special events, stewardship, etc.
- Develops and prepares acknowledgements, newsletters, brochures, press releases, reports, correspondence, and informational and solicitation materials for various advancement activities.
- Plans and conducts meetings, events, and activities to recruit volunteers, build relations with alumni, and maintain good will with various constituent groups.
- Provides guidance and supervision as needed to volunteer student organizations involved in fund-raising and other advancement activities.
- Executes various administrative functions such as preparing gift documentation and monitoring budgets.
- Participates in University-wide development activities as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Develop, plan, execute and oversee all special events for Cougar Pride.
- Oversee restricted fundraising for designated sports.
- Attend Houston Athletics events to engage, cultivate and solicit potential Cougar Pride donors.
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our team and offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
- Access to the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- On-campus Day Care Facilities
- Free employee medical coverage
- On-campus Health Center (medical clinic, dental services, pharmacy, immunizations, etc.)
- Retirement plans
- Tuition scholarships and much more!
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.