Assistant Director, Donor Relations
About Western Kentucky University:
Western Kentucky University aspires to be the University of choice for faculty and staff who are dedicated to helping advance academic excellence. True to its spirit, WKU offers an inviting, nurturing, and challenging work environment, which is responsive to the needs of a diverse and ambitious learning community. WKU's main campus is located on a hill overlooking the city of Bowling Green (population est. 60,000), and is acclaimed as one of the most beautiful in the nation. In addition, WKU serves the communities of Elizabethtown/Fort Knox, Glasgow and Owensboro through its regional campuses. We invite you to consider WKU as a place where your academic and professional dreams can be realized.
Western Kentucky University, a member of Conference USA and a Football Bowl Subdivision NCAA member institution, seeks to hire an individual for the full-time position of Assistant Director of Donor Relations with the Hilltopper Athletic Foundation (HAF). This position reports directly to the Executive Director/Associate Athletics Director of HAF. Applicants must have a commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of WKU, Conference USA and the NCAA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
Manage the day-to-day office operations, overseeing accounts payable, invoicing and clerical needs by Executive Director.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Expense reporting
- Oversee main phone line, filing and other clerical duties
Manage various projects ranging from direct mail campaigns, correspondence, and other office projects.
- Annual renewal design and mailing
- Premium parking invoice and mailing
- Thank you letters
- Invoicing of accounts receivable
Process HAF and enhancement fund gifts.
- Process all gifts for HAF and WKU Athletics
- Process all non-charitable payments
HAF liaison with the WKU Foundation, Advancement Services, and College Heights Foundation for all gift processing and reporting.
- Manage all gift reporting for HAF/WKU Athletics in submitting to WKU Foundation, etc.
Manage Harbaugh Club, including staff and liaison with caterer, for events.
- Game-day operations and setup
- Ticket allocation and delivery
- Liaison with food caterer
Manage courtesy car program.
- Manage all insurance needs for those on courtesy car program
- Manage tracking of mileage and reporting for car dealer and tax needs
Manage and oversee the HAF Corvette Raffle.
- Prepare and submit the annual report to the Office of Charitable Gaming
- File application for license renewal
- Work directly with coaches and programs for ticket allocation and sales
- Process all non-charitable forms and gift reporting with WKU Foundation
Manage Diddle Arena luxury suites, including staffing and liaison with caterer, for events.
- Coordinate ticket allocation and delivery
- Primary contact with suite holders for game day needs
- Manage and coordinate staffing for suite entrance
- Liaison for food caterer
Order and fulfill 110% gifts, Topper Up, and 3rd and Goal donations.
- Select and order gifts within budget
- Ensure delivery of gifts in timely manner
Oversee allocation and sales for football tailgating.
- Invoice, allocation and deliver all premium parking for football and basketball
Manage fan bus trips for HAF.
- Design and coordinate fan buses at various high demand away games
Coordinate and organize HAF Full and Executive Board Meetings.
- Email reminders about upcoming meetings
- Ensure proper attendance will be available at meetings for quorum
- Manage the minutes for all meetings
Manage HAF membership drive.
- Help design and implement strategic plans to assist with the growth of donor participation and annual fund growth, and track the progress
Assist the department in raising financial support.
- Act as a gift officer when needed based on donor needs and relationships to help drive revenue
Assist with maintaining data integrity with fundraising and ticketing software.
- Coordinate data management for Archtics and advance campus software to ensure proper donor and gift reporting
Liaison with the WKU Ticket Office to assist with customer ticket-related needs.
- Work closely with the Ticket Office regarding ticket sales, donation requirements and ticket deliveries
Manage student and part-time staff members.
- Oversee two student worker positions and one part-time position
Knowledge and Skills Considered Essential for Success:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with individuals and groups.
- Experience in Advance donor software along with Archtics/Ticketmaster ticketing system preferred.
- Must be a goal-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Apply Online Here