Head Coach, Baseball
University of Massachusetts Amherst
UMass Amherst is the Flagship campus of the University system in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Nestled in idyllic Amherst, Massachusetts, the campus is consistently ranked among the top public research universities in the nation, and offers a rich cultural environment in a rural setting close to major urban centers.
The University of Massachusetts Department of Athletics is accepting applications from qualified applicants for a Head Coach in the sport of Baseball.
This position specifically supports the Department and University's mission through recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and overseeing all aspects of the Baseball program.
- Oversee and direct all aspects of coaching by providing instructional expertise and direction during practice and game-day events.
- Through team practice, film review and one-on-one instructions, enhance the learning and development of the athlete's baseball skills.
- Serve as a teacher and mentor to Baseball program coaching staff.
- Utilize coaching expertise in creating a winning athletic program for UMass.
- Oversee and implement all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Evaluate talents, abilities and character of these prospects to determine their potential to succeed athletically within the Atlantic 10 Conference (A10) and academically at the University of Massachusetts (UMass).
- Engage in communication with the prospects, parents, coaches, or other advisors through extensive travel, written and verbal correspondence with the intentions of attracting these student-athletes to UMass.
- Oversee scholarship allocations and scholarship budget management for the Baseball program.
- Oversee and evaluate Baseball program staff including assigning areas of responsibility and work assignments.
- Responsible for preparation and managing of the Baseball program budget.
- Responsible for oversight of all travel aspects related to the sport program.
- Shall comply fully with the rules, regulations, and policies of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, of the Atlantic 10 Conference, and of the University and its Athletic Department and shall take every reasonable precaution to ensure that all members of their staff comply fully with such rules, regulations, and policies.
- Monitor academic progress of program's student athletes. Understand academic needs, communicate with Academic Support Services, receive progress reports, identify any issues that may occur and provide direction and guidance when necessary.
- Work with the UMass Athletic Foundation is its efforts to build relationships and generate gifts to the Baseball program alumni funds or other department and University related objectives.
- Responsible for the oversight and scheduling of contests.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
Please apply online and submit a letter of application, resume, and the names, titles, and telephone numbers of at least three current references by May 1, 2017.
For the full position announcement including required qualifications and application information, please visit: http://umass.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=83476
The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.