This position reports to the Associate AD for Student-Athlete Services. Oversees all aspects of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (Eagles Council); event planning and management; programming for student-athletes (e.g., drug and alcohol speaker, career development workshops, Eagle360 program, etc.); producing newsletter biannually; scheduling and documenting community service for student-athletes and athletic department staff; documenting Eagle Pride Challenge points; update Student-Athlete Affairs website on a regular basis.
Strong work ethic, detail oriented that will follow through on all assignments; pleasant and professional customer service skills; team player; ability to multitask.
Essential Job Duties
• Event planning and management (Welcome Back Picnic, Academic Honors Luncheon, Senior Send Off/Awards Ceremony, Wings Up Olympics, and International Student-Athlete Night)
• Oversee all aspects of the Student-Athlete Advisory Council (Eagles Council) including organizing meeting times, space, agenda, minutes, meetings with officers, etc.
• Programming for student-athletes. This includes determining speaker needs, booking speaker, space, advertising, etc.
• Schedule and document community service for student-athletes and athletic department staff.
• Produce and distribute newsletter to all student-athletes and athletic department staff each semester.
• Work with the Athletic Communications staff to update the Student-Athlete Affairs website, including writing press releases on all related events.
Coordinate student-athlete involvement with University events; other duties assigned within the individual’s capabilities.