Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide academic and personal counseling for student-athletes on the basketball roster and other assigned teams as needed.
• Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes on assigned teams; provide course advisement, academic support and career and personal guidance; educate student-athletes on rules of eligibility and personal responsibility.
• Serve as an academic mentor to new student-athletes; schedule regular appointments and assist with developing daily and weekly academic objectives.
• Provide academic guidance and support to recruited and incoming student-athletes; facilitate admissions and initial enrollment procedures.
• Provide support to student-athletes and coaches with questions regarding transfer admission, transcript evaluations, institutional policies and NCAA academic legislation.
• Promote and enhance positive working relationships with college advisors and faculty
• Promote and enhance positive working relationships with the C.A.T.S. professional staff, tutors, and mentors to foster the success of the student-athletes.
• Serve as the liaison with the advising community and coordinate informational meetings/events, consistent communication, and ongoing advising luncheons.
• Utilize standard grade reports to communicate student-athlete progress to appropriate constituents.
• Monitor student-athletes’ NCAA academic eligibility through the use of University student systems and established internal degree-tracking forms.
• Assist student-athletes with scheduling of courses, ensuring that course schedules are balanced and fit the time and season constraints of the student-athletes.
• Communicate with coaches of assigned teams through scheduled academic meetings; regularly and promptly share detailed information regarding the academic progress of assigned student-athletes.
• Assist with the recruiting process during prospective student-athletes’ visits to campus.
• Assist with class checking of designated student-athletes
• Coordinate the guest coaches/faculty program for basketball.
• Regularly communicate the progress, outcomes, and direction of work to the Director; make recommendations concerning improvement of programs and services.