Assistant Director for Student Athlete Enrichment provides comprehensive academic support for student-athletes under the direction of the Student Success Center.
- Provide intense monitoring and academic support for at-risk student-athletes (weekly meetings, maintaining thorough documentation, progress checks with faculty, coaches updates, securing tutors, etc.). Coordinate study hall for new student athletes and continuing students who do not meet specified requirements.
- Assist with registration issues specific to student-athletes, such as priority registration, authorizing drop/add, assist with course conflicts due to athletics, etc.
- Monitor the admission status of incoming student-athletes (in cooperation with the Student Success Center).
- Teach one section of University 101 in the fall semester designated for student-athletes.
- Coordinate mid-semester faculty academic progress reports and keep coaches informed. Work with Academic Support Center on student-athletes reported on Early Intervention Program.
- Assist in the academic advising load of undeclared student-athletes (in cooperation with the Student Success Center).
- Work closely with the Compliance Office and FAR regarding eligibility issues and related interventions.
- Process all travel letters for student-athletes to be submitted to faculty members.
Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services or related field and 1 year related experience, or bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience. Valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Prefer experience in advising student-athletes
The University of South Carolina Upstate is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Apply online at http://www.uscupstate.edu/jobs.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Internal Number: STA00738PO18
About University of South Carolina Upstate
The University of South Carolina Upstate is a comprehensive public university and a senior institution of the
University of South Carolina and is among the fastest growing universities in the State. USC Upstate is
located between Charlotte and Atlanta along the I-85 corridor, one of the fastest growing business and hightech regions in the country. The campus is within easy driving distance of the Appalachian mountains and the
Atlantic Ocean beaches. The University has an enrollment of approximately 6000 students and employs
approximately 650 full and part-time faculty and staff, reflecting the diversity of Upstate South Carolina.
Students from over twenty five nations also reflect the university's international character.