Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, the Senior Associate Athletic Director will perform the following duties below for the Department of Athletics. Preference will be given to those with experience in Student Services.
- Provides leadership to assigned intercollegiate athletics functions, including but not limited to medical services, risk management, student-athlete welfare, athletic conference compliance, academic success, human resources, Title IX compliance, revenue generation, facility operations, business operations, marketing, communications and engagement.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures in order to ensure compliance with NCAA and other athletic conference rules, regulations and risk management procedures and protocols to minimize the risk of liability.
- Collaborates with University offices and community agencies in order to effectively manage assigned functions.
- Supervises staff and student employees. Resolves personnel and operational issues.
- Provides direct supervision to selected sports teams. Ensures fiscal soundness and compliance with intercollegiate athletics rules, regulations and procedures.
- May evaluate student-athlete and NCAA compliance.
- Experience in Student Services
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field from an accredited institution.
- Eight years' relevant experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletic programs, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
About Western Michigan University Athletics
Western Michigan University, an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Mid-American Conference (MAC).