Manages as well as participates in specific fundraising activities for the UTEP Athletics Department and develops strategies to expand philanthropic and external support for the department resulting in contributions, and proposes annual goals and objectives. It is expected that approximately 70% of work time will be devoted to fundraising activities including: phone, mail, events and personal visits with the remaining 30% devoted to administrative duties.
Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
Helps create and lead a coordinated program of fundraising initiatives that result in increased contributions to UTEP Athletics.
Researches, cultivates and solicits gift prospects and ensures donors receive proper stewardship and benefits.
Conducts a minimum of 20 quality in-person donor visits per month.
Actively manage a portfolio of approximately 200 donors; growing donor engagement, interest and gifts to UTEP Athletics.
Assist in overseeing full-time development staff as well as student workers and volunteers.
Creates strategies and plans for increasing the number of donors to the department’s annual fund as well as develops tactics to escalate current donors to higher levels of giving.
Ability to work evenings and weekends with willingness to travel.
Work with sports programs, head coaches and sports administrators to ensure sport-specific fundraising initiatives are successful.
Recognizes opportunities to identify and cultivate new gift prospects and implements plans to do so.
Assists in preparing and/or directing the creation of fundraising marketing and communication materials.
Able to operate with a high degree of independence, make decisions, solve problems and adapt to shifting priorities and responsibilities.
Helps coordinate and communicate with the university’s development and alumni relations departments as well as other campus units.
Works to build relationships and goodwill within the community, helping to cultivate new fans and donors.
Records donor contact and communications in university’s prospect management system.
Helps and takes part in various donor activities on football and men’s basketball game days as well as at other specific sporting events.
Collaborate with the assistant director of development – events and stewardship to develop, plan and operationalize donor events.
Assists in regular department communications with donors (must possess strong communication skills).
Experience in customer service and effective problem solving.
Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.
Compiles and submits reports as required by management, state, local, and federal regulatory agencies.
Complies with all State and University policies.
Other duties may be assigned.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree and three years of related experience and training to the statement of duties and responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Occasional traveling required.
At least 2 years of managing a donor portfolio or personally working with donors
Minimum of 2 years working in college athletics
Demonstrated success in sales, philanthropic fundraising, and project management
Experienced relationship builder with proven communication skills and the ability to be responsive, resourceful, and relationship-oriented