The University of Louisiana at Lafayette seeks applications for the position of Academic Counselor in the Student-Athlete Academic Services office. Reporting to the Director of Student-Athlete Academic Services, the Academic Counselor will:
- Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes for assigned sports.
- Assist with the academic, social, and career development of student-athletes in cooperation with other University support services.
- Communicate student-athletes' academic progress to coaches and athletics administration through reports and regular meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of the tutoring program.
- Serve as a liaison to academic departments.
- Work flexible schedules to include occasional evening and weekend hours.
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution. Preferred qualification is 1-3 years of experience advising and counseling student-athletes in a Division I athletic academic support program. The successful candidate should exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills when working with student-athletes, faculty, coaches, administrators, and staff. Must be able to adapt quickly to change; work in a fast-paced environment; operate with a sense of urgency; and be committed to academic integrity and compliance with University, Sun Belt Conference, and NCAA regulations.