Academics, Business Manager, Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Research
Assist in the development and quantitative analysis of research on current and former student-athlete academic performance and well-being.
· Conduct ad-hoc academic and student-athlete well-being data analysis projects as assigned by the principal research scientist and associate director of research for academic performance.
o Conduct appropriate statistical analyses.
o Craft written documents (e.g. research reports, executive summaries, research briefs) and infographics that convey findings to a range of audiences, such as athletics administrators, student-athletes, parents, scholars, media and the general public.
o Present findings to staff, NCAA committees and other groups as required.
· Provide research services for the national office staff and membership including survey development, study design, data collection and cleaning, data sharing, statistical analysis and reporting.
· Bachelor’s degree in psychology, education, sociology, data analytics, informatics or related field, with strong statistics and computer skills.
· Two years of experience collecting, cleaning and analyzing social science, education or business-related data.
· Ability to manage large sets of data using statistical software packages such as R, SPSS, SAS, STATA or Tableau.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft software such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Working knowledge of:
o Research design, including survey and scale design techniques.
o Descriptive and inferential statistical procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally, graphically and in writing.
· Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, proactive and high levels of motivation.
· Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities both independently and within a team environment.
· Graduate degree in psychology, education, sociology, data analytics, informatics or related field preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of statistical software packages preferred (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, STATA or Tableau)
· Comfortable in a public speaking role preferred.
· Preferred experience manipulating datasets to be used on visualization software platforms (e.g. Tableau) and creating graphics to convey findings.
· Understanding of, and interest in, issues/trends of access, persistence and retention in U.S. higher education preferred.
· Understanding of, and interest in, current research examining undergraduate mental health, campus climate, sexual violence prevention, and/or student identity development preferred.
· General knowledge of the NCAA and its membership structure preferred.
As an NCAA team member, you will join more than 500 professionals dedicated to helping college students develop leadership, confidence, discipline and teamwork through sports.