The Assistant Athletic Director/Director of External Relations will coordinate revenue generation and assist in the day-to-day operation of the Athletics Department. This individual must possess high ethical standards, integrity and a willingness to exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, Conference, University and departmental rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
· Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University’s Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
· Develop marketing strategies aimed at increasing attendance, increasing all ticket sales, enhancing departmental revenue and overall image of CBU Athletics.
· Coordinate Corporate Sponsorship program, including solicitation, fulfillment, invoicing, and renewal of partners.
· Develop and maintain Athletics Buc Club (booster club). Implement annual fundraising drive and membership renewals and solicitations.
· Organize and oversee annual athletics department golf outing.
· Coordinate all departmental fundraising activities with University Advancement.
· Responsible for game-day promotions
· Responsible for the development and supervision of all multi-media broadcast rights and revenues associated with these rights.
· Responsible for overseeing the university licensing program as it relates to athletics
· Act as liaison to cheerleaders and Pep Band for all game-day activities.
· Help coordinate departmental special events such as Hall of Fame Banquet, Buccaneer Scholar Awards, and Senior Banquet.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions):
· Assist in CBU’s Institutional Effectiveness Report
· Assist with community engagement program
· Seek to serve on institutional, conference and national committees to further enhance the Athletic Department’s standing with the various constituencies.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred
Experience in generating revenue for collegiate athletics preferred
Experience in NCAA compliance
Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules preferred
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills including the ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures including a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar donor management database system is preferred.
Possesses background of experience that has enhanced applicant’s communication, management, and fundraising-related skills.
Energetic, and a team player who has a desire to assist people in accomplishing their philanthropic goals.
Self-motivated and self-starting.
Committed to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and appearance.
Understanding of and experiences with the gift cycle and corporate fiscal calendars.
Computer skills with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Raiser's Edge, CAi, and SuperFanU.
Full Time, M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Office Setting. Frequent evenings and weekends and travel required.
About Christian Brothers University
Christian Brothers University is a Catholic university in the student-centered tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. CBU fosters academic excellence in a range of programs to prepare students from all faiths and backgrounds for careers and lives informed by the Lasallian values of faith, service, and community.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.
BACK TO TOP
NACDA & Affiliates Job Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NACDA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NACDA & Affiliates Job Center.