James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Athletics Facilities Coordinator to serve as stadium manager and provide general supervision for Sentara Park. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to opening/closing facility; maintaining the appearance and functionality of the facility; providing varsity sporting and special event support; receiving, taking inventory of equipment; scheduling lights; and ensuring safe condition of the buildings. This position is full-time and includes benefits.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring assigned athletic facilities are properly prepared for daily use, performing tasks such as setting up, testing and troubleshooting game equipment, audio/visual systems, scoreboards, shot clocks, message boards, etc.
- Preparing fields for day-to-day practice and game day use by performing tasks such as painting fields, setting up tables, chairs, benches, equipment, etc.
- Making repairs to and/or reporting all routine and non-routine maintenance and repairs via work orders for facilities and facilities-related equipment. Acting as liaison with Facilities Management or appropriate vendor to ensure all repairs are completed to the standards of the department.
- Making critical decisions that could affect the safety of student athletes, coaches, and patrons.
- Overseeing improvement projects within assigned facilities.
-Working in support of assigned varsity game day operations and special events including pre-event set-up, in-event operation and post-event take down.
- Assisting in event management duties for varsity sporting and special events within assigned facilities.
- Being responsible for the hiring and supervision of student facilities staff.
- Understanding and practice all university safety procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant institutional, CAA and NCAA rules.
- Working evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Prior experience working within athletics or recreational facilities.
- Must possess working knowledge of facility maintenance methods and techniques, and a general working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills.
- Must possess knowledge of risk management.
- Must possess critical thinking and resource management skills.
- Must possess excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must have ability to obtain (training will be provided): forklift certification, hydraulic life operation certification and OSHA certification.
- Basic computer skills.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years old with a valid drivers license.
- Ability to move relatively heavy objects and moderate lifting of 20-50 lbs. is essential.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
About James Madison University
James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association