The UNCW Department of Athletics sponsors 19 varsity sports and competes in the NCAA Division I as a member of the Colonial Athletic Association. UNCW Athletics mission is to enrich the University through a commitment to developing leadership qualities among its student-athletes by providing opportunities which support and promote academic excellence, community engagement and competitive success.
The Compliance Specialist reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and assists in ensuring that all athletics day-to-day operations are in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work daily with student-athletes, coaches, and staff to provide interpretations of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Work with initial and returning eligibility of incoming student-athletes.
- Create and facilitate compliance educational sessions.
- Research, interpret and provide accurate dissemination of NCAA, CAA and institutional rules and regulations.
- Assist in NCAA reporting and monitoring of academic compliance related activities.
- Monitor work of interns, student workers, and volunteers as needed.
- Adhere to NCAA, CAA, institutional, state and federal regulations of protected and confidential information.
Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Experience with MS Office programs (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Familiar with NCAA and CAA Compliance Assistance software programs
- Knowledge of NCAA, CAA, and university rules and regulations with a passing score on the NCAA Recruiting test
- Familiar with ARMS software
Internal Number: 7661
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. Guided by our Strategic Plan, the university is committed to nurturing a campus culture that reflects its values of diversity and globalization, ethics and integrity, and excellence and innovation. A public institution with nearly 17,000 students, the university is focused on supporting and enhancing the student-centered learning experience that has been a hallmark since its founding in 1947. UNCW offers an array of programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is one of the 17 institutions that make up the UNC System.