The University of Incarnate Word has an immediate opening for Director of Brand Engagement. Position is responsible for providing leadership for the creative content, video production, broadcasting, media relations, marketing and fan engagement areas for the Athletic Department. This individual develops and implements an aggressive branding, social media, public relations, marketing, advertising and promotions plan with a focus on increasing, community perception, revenue and fan attendance. This position will expand brand exposure through the local media, advertising, web content, community partnerships, social media platforms and game day experiences. University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
Reporting to the Deputy Athletic Director, the Director of Brand Engagement will be responsible for the following:
1. Managing full-time staff (4-5) and graduate assistants (7-8) across the creative content, video production, broadcasting, media relations/communications, marketing, and fan engagement areas.
2. Creating brand standards, visual identity and annual themes for graphics and videography; overseeing photo and video shoots to generate engaging content for the website, social media, and video boards; providing direction and support for streaming and broadcasting.
3. Working with all external departments to create a social media strategy and consistent messaging across all platforms, bringing to life the question, “Who is UIW Athletics?”
4. Managing public relations for the athletic department in conjunction with campus Office of Communications and Brand Marketing; writing speaking points and preparing presentations for the Athletic Director.
5. Executing a marketing and fan engagement plan for each sport that increases visibility, brand awareness and exposure for Cardinal Athletics.
6. Frequently collaborating with revenue generation units to promote ticket sales, support donor programs, and ensure corporate sponsorship benefit fulfillment.
7. Hiring game day personnel and student workers, as well as securing volunteers to support full-time staff.
8. Representing UIW Athletics at exhibits and local events; arranging for coaches and student-athletes to interact with the campus and community; coordinating and supervising the distribution of promotional materials.
9. Performing other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and three years of experience in marketing, advertising, creative services, graphic design or videography. Also requires: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite; superlative writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills; a deep understanding of organizational branding and its importance; strong creative vision and execution skills; strong multitasking and project management skills; detail-oriented and organized; strong commitment to enhance external relations team effectiveness through dependability; tact, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality, when required; ability to establish structure during periods of change and growth; ability to make decisions in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment; ability to follow the Mission of the University; and ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
Valid Texas Driver's License or the ability to gain one within 60 days of employment. Position will require travel as necessary for events or functions. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
UIW Offers Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 13 Paid Holidays, Vacation, & Sick Leave. Employer-Paid Life/AD&D Insurance & Long-Term Disability Insurance. Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (403B). UIW Tuition Waiver, Tuition Exchange Program. Employee Assistance Program, Free Membership to Wellness Center, and more!