The Associate Director of Athletic Development is a member of a team of development and advancement professionals within a dynamic and growing athletics program. Under the direct leadership of the Director of the Seahawk Club, the Associate Director will manage a portfolio of assigned prospects with a gift level concentration of $2,500 to $250,000; nurture relations with prospects; track progress through the Advancement management system; advance proposals for major gifts prospects; and develop and deliver on effective reporting strategies.
•Three (3) years of professional fundraising experience in a higher education athletics environment.
• Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising.
• Ability to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, relationship building, and creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to assess and interpret the needs and wishes of prospective donors and translate these into effective action plans.
• Ability to request and interpret complex data reports to determine potential prospects.
• Demonstrated ability to work interdependently and independently in a collaborative environment is vital.
• Demonstrated passion for service excellence, integrity, a positive outlook, commitment to highest standard of donor ethics, a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and committed to high performance and dedication to the value of higher education.
Internal Number: 7711
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. Guided by our Strategic Plan, the university is committed to nurturing a campus culture that reflects its values of diversity and globalization, ethics and integrity, and excellence and innovation. A public institution with nearly 17,000 students, the university is focused on supporting and enhancing the student-centered learning experience that has been a hallmark since its founding in 1947. UNCW offers an array of programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is one of the 17 institutions that make up the UNC System.