Norfolk State University, a NCAA Division I institution, is seeking applicants for the position of Athletics Assistant Business Manager to assist with the management of the Department of Athletics’ travel procurement of goods and services, and other business related operations.
The position will report to the Athletics Business Manager, the successful candidate will:
1. Work in conjunction with the Business Manager under the direction of the Athletics Director with all business related matters to include but are not limited to: managing team and individual travel;
2. Data Entry and reconciliation for all travel related expenditures in all departmental accounts; state and foundation deposits and reconciliations; procurement of goods and services purchasing and travel card management and reconciliations
3. Managing the contractual services, supplies, continuous charges, recoveries and equipment budgets for selected departmental auxiliary accounts.
4. Maintaining, the business office policy and procedures manual, assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly budget reports.
5. The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure compliance with Federal, Commonwealth of Virginia, University, NCAAA and MEAC rules, regulations and policies. Athletics travel may be required.
For additional information, visit http://www.nsuspartans.com/.
EEOSTATEMENT NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
1. Must have Bachelor’s degree; educational or hands on experience related to financial management and/or accounting.
2.Minimum of 2 years working in accounting.
3. Competence in Microsoft Excel.
4. Experience in account reconciliation.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational skills.
6. Ability to work independently or in a team setting, knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
1. Experience in financial management or accounting in an institution of higher education.
2. Experience in managing team/individual travel
3. Experience in procurement card management
4. Familiarity with Colleague Financials and EVA.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with credentials and experience.
Internal Number: FP102
About Norfolk State University
Norfolk State College was founded September 18, 1935. The College, brought to life in the midst of the Great Depression, provided a setting in which the youth of the region could give expression to their hopes and aspirations. At this founding, it was named the Norfolk Unit of Virginia Union University. In 1942, the College became the independent Norfolk Polytechnic College, and two years later an Act of the Virginia Legislature mandated that it become a part of Virginia State College. The College was able to pursue an expanded mission with even greater emphasis in 1956 when another Act of the Legislature enabled the institution to offer its first Bachelor's degree. The College was separated from Virginia State College and became fully independent in 1969. Subsequent legislative acts designated the institution as a university and authorized the granting of graduate degrees. In 1979, university status was attained.
Norfolk State University, a comprehensive urban public institution, is committed to transforming students’ lives through exemplary teaching, research and service. Offering a supportive academic and culturally diverse environment for all, the U...niversity empowers its students to turn their aspirations into reality and achieve their full potential as well-rounded and resourceful citizens and leaders for the 21st century.
Norfolk State University will be recognized nationally as a premier public institution with outstanding signature academic programs, innovative research, and community engagement opportunities.
Norfolk State University's strength lies in its core values. They form the foundation for the University's actions and reflect what is important to the members of the Norfolk State University community and the Hampton Roads region.
Excellence – We are dedicated to fostering a culture of excellence in all facets of the University through the highest educational standards for student achievement, stellar faculty teaching, innovative research, dedicated service and creative co-curricular activities.
Student-Centered – Students are our top priority, and we are committed to helping them become globally competitive in an enriching, stimulating and supportive environment.
Diversity & Inclusiveness – We foster a multicultural campus respecting all people, cultures, ideas, beliefs, identities, socio economic backgrounds, and perspectives. We train our students to become leaders in an ever-changing global and multicultural society.
Integrity and Civility – We expect everyone to be accountable for his or her actions and to engage in honest, ethical behavior. We value the contributions of each person, treating all with respect and civility, and affirm our shared responsibility for institutional success.
Engagement – We continually enhance the university’s role and influence in affairs of local and global communities by promoting educational attainment, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
Pride – We display great admiration for the University and its rich history and legacy.
Financial Empowerment – We aggressively pursue expanded and more diversified revenue streams.
BACK TO TOP
NACDA & Affiliates Job Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NACDA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NACDA & Affiliates Job Center.